You have successfully registered for camp and now the journey starts for real! We are really happy to have you on board for this adventure, a KSI trip to the homeland of FMA. An amazing camp awaits!
Once you’re at camp you will be in our hands and it will be, like someone famously said at another Mandirigma Camp, “the longest shortest week of my life”. At camp you’ll face challenges that will make every day life fade away and if you’re willing to open up you will come out of it like a different person. Many return to camp to refocus the things they work on in their everyday life and some just need help finding the path again. All this combined with world class training and the best instructors.
Ok, here’s the deal: Be in Manila latest Saturday 20 April 2019. We will travel down to the camp area on Sunday 21 April so you need to be there, ok?
- Arrive Manila
- Book a room at Bayview Park Hotel in Ermita
- Saturday 20 April there is an opportunity for up to 20 persons to experience a day at the shooting range with NBI, the Philippine version of FBI. Be trained by agents and instructors from NBI, shoot some pew pew pew and get a certificate.
- Sunday 21 April. In the morning (early, before it gets too hot) we will go to Luneta Park/Rizal Park to train with a local master of FMA. Cool dude, great skills. Perfect start to the day.
- Get some touristy shots around the big statue of Lapu Lapu, the “first Grandmaster of FMA”.
- Back to the hotel for a shower, pack and check out.
- Brunch/lunch is a good idea. It’s a long drive to the camp area.
- Bus picks us up at the hotel. Keep an eye on your bags until it’s loaded into the bus. The thieves are opportunists.
- Long drive, maybe with a Starbucks stop about half way.
- Camp area. Unload the bus. Reload mini busses. Keep an eye on your luggage. Get properly horrified/entertained/get cold feet/laugh hysterically. You’ll understand.
- Check in to hotel. Get your room keys get your gear sorted.
- Check in to camp. Pay hotel fee and camp fee & get your welcome pack.
- Training starts. And it will feel like it never ends…
- …until it suddenly is over! Friday night! Many beers will have been earned and had!
- Saturday morning. It’s over. Sort of. For the ones who wants to, and have the time, we will travel to Grandmaster Rodel Dagooc’s gym in Bauan. He is known as “Smoking Sticks” because of his speed. He’s also KSI’s official stickmaker and he sells all kind of FMA gear. Note: because we’re so many you MUST pre-order your equipment! See separate page about gear.
- After the visit some will head back to Manila to either fly back home or continue their adventures in the Philippines. We can help you organise transport according to your needs.
- Some of us stay another night at the resort before we travel on to another camp to keep training.
Whoa! And that’s not even the camp! You will have a busy week… 🙂